Are you looking for cooking gas suppliers in Dubai? Then, you have come to the right place. But before that, read all about LPG Gas Cylinders.
LPG is produced solely from fossil fuels by refining crude oil or raw natural gas. It is a byproduct of refining crude oil and is extracted from the wet raw gas stream during natural gas processing. When a liquid under pressure is released from the pressure at moderate temperature, it turns into a gas. It is then stored and transferred into LPG cylinders as a liquid under a moderate pressure. Propane and butane make up the majority of the gases created during the LPG production process, with minute amounts of other NGL gases.
What is LPG?
Liquefied petroleum gas, also known as LPG, can be butane, propane, or a combination of the two. LPG is a flammable hydrocarbon gas that is used to power vehicles, hot water heaters, and gas stoves.
What is LPG composed of?
LPG is composed of carbon and hydrogen atoms that form propane and butane while natural gas is composed of the lighter methane which is the most basic carbon and hydrogen molecule.
While methane is the main component of natural gas, propane and butane make up most of the composition of LPG. LPG is a mixture of combustible hydrocarbon gases that are pressurized to become liquefied and are frequently used as fuel. Natural gas is liquefied using a cryogenic process.
LPG also contains a number of gases under the LPG products label such as propane, butane, and isobutane. Even a combination of these gases is called natural gas liquids – NGL.
LPG is stored in vessels that range from small BBQ gas bottles to gas cylinders and tanks.
What is the production process of LPG cylinders?
Here are some of the following steps on how LPG cylinder production is done.
- Purchasing steel plate for the body of LPG cylinder
Steel plates are purchased as per the LPG Cylinder technical drawing.
- Cutting steel plates – steel plates are cut as per the size and shape of the LPG cylinder.
- Rolling LPG Cylinder Body – it then undergoes rolling to shape the cylinder if it has end caps on both sides i.e. top and bottom halves.
- Welding of the LPG Cylinder – When a cylinder's height exceeds the metal sheet's maximum deep drawing height, it must be made up of three parts: the top end, body, and bottom end, in order to withstand internal pressure. The sheet material is welded vertically after being rolled as a cylinder to form the body.
- Circumferential LPG Cylinder Body Welding – These components are fused together from their circumferences after the base ring, body ring, and foot ring have been manufactured and their plate-to-ring welding processes has been completed.
- Buying Steel Strip to make Guard Ring
A roll of steel is cut as per the Guard ring width while buying from the steel supplier.
- Blanking or Cutting of the LPG Cylinder Guard Ring – The sheet material is cut as per the shape of the LPG Cylinder Guard Ring.
- Rolling of the LPG Cylinder Guard Ring – this is done as per the customized design
- Welding of the ring joints – the ring joints of the LPG cylinder guard are welded.
- Forming of Guard ring – formation of the Cylinder guard ring handles and parts that connected to the body of the cylinder
- Purchasing Steel Plates for LPG Cylinder Halves
LPG Steel rolls are used to construct the top and bottom portions of cylinders. When buying steel, the width is estimated to reduce the quantity of scrap left over after cutting.
- Blanking or Cutting of the LPG Cylinder – The sheet material is cut to shape the LPG Cylinder Body.
- • Drawing of the Cylinder Body – deep drawing of the sheet material is done to properly shape the Cylinder. Hydraulic presses are used for proper deep drawing procedures.
- Trimming or Beading of the edges – There are many companies that provide cutting and beading simultaneously for the advantage of one less operation.
- Piercing the Cylinder for Valve – To install Valve, the sheet of the cylinder is pierced.
- Welding of the Collarette to LPG Cylinder body – there are many companies that automatically weld the collarette of an LPG Cylinder to its body. It creates a base for the valve connection to the LPG cylinder.
- Welding of the guard ring to the Cylinder’s body – The guard ring is welded to the cylinder’s body that protects the valve from damage.
- Purchasing Steel Plate for Foot ring
The breadth of the Bottom Ring is cut from a roll of steel when you buy something from the provider.
- Cutting the Foot Ring of the LPG Cylinder – cutting the sheet material as per the shape and length of the foot ring.
- Rolling the LPG foot ring – many companies provide customized design rolling machines to make both sides of the plate close to one another for quick welding.
- Welding the joints of the foot ring – this is to make the ring round.
- Forming of the foot ring – using a hydraulic press, the foot ring is shaped as per the manufacturer’s drawing.
- Heat Treatment of LPG Cylinder
The welded operation of the LPG Cylinder causes the welded portions to undergo a chemical reaction that hardens the welded regions. Heat treatment is used to release the cylinder's tension.
- Hydro Static Testing of LPG Cylinder
This is to check pressure resistance in harsh conditions as compared to the usual status of the cylinder.
- Shot blasting of the cylinder
Shot blasting is done to clean the surface of the LPG Cylinder before the painting process.
- Painting and baking of LPG Cylinder
The painting process is done as per the RAL code of the cylinder manufacturer.
- Weighing the LPG Cylinder
LPG cylinders are hydrostatically tested to see how well they hold up at pressures that are much higher than normal.
- Stamping the LPG Cylinder
The cylinder’s weight is stamped to the LPG Cylinder.
- Fitting the valves
The valves are properly fitted into the LPG Cylinder and are all set to undergo testing purposes.
- Leakage testing
The air leakage testing operation is conducted by dropping LPG cylinders into a pool full of water.
- Completing the production process
Checking the overall production quality and completion of the LPG Cylinder.
Shipping the LPG Cylinders to the suppliers and customers.
If you are looking for LPG gas suppliers in Dubai, then we at Roza Gas are there for you. We are the top cooking gas suppliers in Dubai who provide you with a premium gas supply, installation, and maintenance services. Our company provides gas cylinders to residential homes, motels, restaurants, and even temporary facilities like campgrounds.
We also undertake gas pipeline repairs and maintenance and provide gas accessories in and around Dubai. Our customer team is available 24/7 and caters to the needs of the clients anytime, anywhere. You can call us at 0502323976 or email your queries to email@example.com.